This week we had our special guest lecturers come in.. Lord Whitney.
They specialise in Art and Design/ Set design/ creative directors based in Leeds. Their aesthetic is to be playful and add this fun quality into their work.
Their aim is to create work across a lot of different media, they like to create worlds for people to escape into.
HOW THEY GO TO WHERE THEY ARE:
- Valuable to have a support group outside uni
- Really love and be passionate about your work and never loose your identity
- Going to as much event launches/exhibition launches to gather research and inspiration.
- Worked with cartier
- "made things out of things"
INSPIRATION / DESIGN PROCESS
- Think about childhood memories and favourite stories for inspiration
- What are the things that excite you?
- Low tech (the mighty boosh)
- Fine art inspiration : Cindy Sherman
- Reference favourite : writers, photographers, movies, musicians.
- Narrative your work. Explain your story or influences through my work.
Tim Walker | Jeff Wall | Joseph Cornell | Shona Heath | Peter Blake | Dali
- Think about composition and colour
- Use things for other purposes
- Look at typography to match subject